Everyday life exposes us to situations of risk that can strongly affect personal finances. Any day, an illness can destroy everything because we have worked. Situations such as disability or death can destroy the heritage we have forged for our family; For this reason it is important to have the best life insurance that protects our loved ones when we can no longer do so.
The offer of policies in the market is very large, so we recommend following some steps before choosing a tool that fits our needs.
It’s time to select best life insurance
- Familiarize yourself with vocabulary. It is important to know some terms that will help you make a good decision.
- Coverage : is the specific risk by which the insurance will protect you.
- Policy : is the document that contains the general rules of your insurance.
- Sum insured : refers to the maximum amount that the company will pay you if the covered event occurs.
- Premium : refers to the cost of insurance.
- What do you want to insure? There are insurance for unemployment, medical expenses, cars, real estate or personal. Prioritize your needs and be prospective, analyze what things or who are vulnerable.
- Economic dependents. Consider whether you have young children or if you are studying, you are single or retired; How many incomes in addition to yours will compromise.
- What coverage do you have? Usually coverage are for death, damage to third parties or disability; However, you can opt for terminal or serious illnesses or funeral expenses. It is suggested that coverage be five to eight times the current income.
- Define your budget. Think about how much you earn and how much you could spend for the insurance payment.
- Review options. The insurer can be a bank or maybe a specialized company, consider the trajectory, presence in the city and country, prices and what its strong in the sector. The insurer must have physical offices and permanent care websites, as well as alternative means of communication.
- Seek advice. There are insurance agents and insurance brokers. The first ones are people who guides you about existing best life insurance and makes you a tailor made plan. Meanwhile, the broker are intermediaries of several companies, which are engaged in marketing contracts and insurance policies to their customers.
- Compare. Many times the decision for insurance is only motivated by the price, however, the ideal is to make an assessment of the advantages and disadvantages of each option.
- Organize your income. Look for payment plans that do not compromise other necessary expenses in your family.
- Beneficiaries. Clarify the name and percentage that will be granted, remember that they can not be minors. Avoid intermediaries, if you appoint someone else to deliver the sum insured this action is only a moral obligation.